Preparing for a trip can be a laborious task, especially when you’re leaving your country. If you are studying abroad or planning to for the first time, you may have traveling anxiety. What will I do; where will I go; how will I survive? Don’t worry! Here are a few tips that will help you before takeoff.
If you’re anything like me, you probably want to pack everything you have in your luggage. Although well-intended (as you can never be too safe), cost and weight won’t permit you to do it. Therefore, you must Consolidate and Eliminate.
1. Do not pack every just-in-case-you-get-bored item.
2. Find 2-3 pairs of comfortable, multi-purpose shoes.
3. Learn how to mix-and-match 4-5 different outfits.
4. Pack lightly
5. Tightly fold clothes and/or buy compression bags.
Doing the aforementioned, will allow you to save both time and money. If you are still having trouble with deciding what to bring, there are some great YouTube videos for you to watch. See Travel Tips: How You Need to Pack to Study Abroad
Planning Your Adventure
When packing gets boring and the television is no longer entertaining, you will most likely be daydreaming about your trip. Though daydreaming what you could do can be… dreamy, it does not compare to what you will do. So, Stop Daydreaming and Start Planning your adventure.
6. Start planning for the things you will do.
7. Look up the activities your program offers.
8. Google things to do in [insert country here] and…
9. Do them!
In the words of Shia LaBeouf, “Just do it!” For a dream that is not actualized is only a fantasy.
Having the Right Attitude
For those individuals who like to guard themselves by thinking of . . . .